Music by The Refusers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

International Poll Result - Unfair Julian Assange Trial In Sweden

Do you believe that Julian Assange will get a fair trial in Sweden?




Here are the results of the first Stranger In A Strange Land polling which was about readers views on the Julian Assange rape trail in Sweden and I will say that I believe that my readers are a very intelligent, aware and discerning group of people.  You will notice I even gave my blog entry title a typical newspaper headline that makes one think the statement is true and draws you into the article.  Not the Bimbobella or Pissie crowd here, although that crowd would believe anything the media says to be true.  Swedes will appreciate my humor, I think????  Ask a Swede to intrepret my sarcastic remark, because I will not.

You may be thinking that 10 people is not an accurate representation of the international community.  My question is, "Is 1,000 or 5,000, or even 20,000 a more accurate and valid poll when the International Community is now nearly 7 Billion people?  Most polls manipulate the figures and sometimes I think are not all that honest with the figures and telephones polls are even less honest when participates know that they can be linked to a telephone number.  Statistics can be easily manipulated as anyone with any common sense or clear seeing would quickly agree to when asked.
Others might say I may not have the competence to take a poll ar intrepret the results.  Well, I can assure you that I do have the skills necessary to count to ten and I do know that 10 of 10 is 100 %, although often I question whether government officials or journalists are as skilled with numbers after having read several poll results in Sweden newspapers as the numbers do not always agree with the procents given.

To end my little narration, I will give the link to one of my early posts about my view of statistics. For those interested, here it is:

http://mnhopkins.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-view-of-statistics.html

No comments: