Music by The Refusers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Love Of A Stranger - A Guest Post by Michael Brine


Native American Wisdom:- "Peace comes within the souls of men when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the Universe and all its powers, and when they realize that  ---- the centre of the Universe --- is really everywhere , it is within each of us."

Black Elk, Oglata Lakota, 1947.

 I was visiting Glastonbury in England in 2003 which is well known for psychic/spiritual events in the past as you likely know - King Arthur and all that and also that the cup of the Last Supper is reportedly buried there in what is called Chalice Hill. That's another storey.

It was just before the US was going into Iraq and a group of about 20 of us had agreed to meet at noon in a village square - not the main one as that would have been a bit too public - to send out our thoughts for peace. Just as we were beginning to hold hands in a circle a young chap ran up and looking at me asked if he could join and of course we said yes. He came between me and another and we proceeded with our silence. When it was over a few of my closer friend were arranging to meet that evening to go out to a local pub a few miles out of Glastonbury. We arranged to meet in the village square at 5:30 and go out in two cars to the pub. This young guy asked if he could join us looking at me and of course we said yes. We met at 5:30 and went out to the pub for supper and to share our thoughts.

While we were there exchanging our thoughts I noticed that this chap sat quietly listening but not saying much. He seemed quite absorbed with our conversations. I liked him. Anyway, eventually it was time to go back to Glastonbury and get our cars. On the way back one of the chaps asked me quietly not to tell this fellow where he lived as he felt he might show up asking for a place to stay and maybe some food. I was surprised as I didn't feel that way about him at all - but I agreed.

When we were saying our final good nights in the Village square this young chap came quietly over to me and as he approached I saw a powerful white light go from his heart centre straight into mine and I felt Love as I had never felt it before. Then he quietly left. No one else witnessed this experinece as I was standing a bit away from the rest, and no one has ever seen him since.. I have never forgotten.

Michael Brine

Other articles by Michael Brine maybe found on:
www.missionignition.net/btb



4 comments:

Pam Bickell said...

Morning (or evening?), Mike. Love the addition of the poster to Michael's post. Thanks for sharing it.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Pam:

Good Sunday morning to you. Glad you liked the poster addition. I thought it fit the theme of the writing well.

Kindest & warmest regards,
Mike

Magnus said...

THank you so much Mike and Michael for sharing this. I got a very warm feeling about the story, and I'm glad you shared your beautiful experience - to learn the importance of never judge strangers even if they might appear "odd" or "different", whatever that term means to "man's" standard...

Thanks for the really picture and wisdoms word - felt so incredible good. I think we all can change anything from ourselves to our planhet if we just use our creative power of the mind instead of the limiting "logic" of the mind.

Wish you a beautiful day
Regards

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

You are very welcome Magnus...

Mike