Music by The Refusers

Friday, May 11, 2012

Redefining The Present Moment with Michael Stone



May 10, 2012

Sharing a short clip from my recent shoot in Japan for another project – Reactor. In this video, Buddhist teacher and yogi Michael Stone shares his thoughts on what it truly means to be in the present moment. For him, there is no difference between being present and being generous – at ease with the flow of life. This is the presence that permeates the Occupy movement… to show up is to truly give each other and the planet our attention.

Source of text:

http://occupylove.org/

About Michael Stone:

http://www.centreofgravity.org/michael_stone/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this and can relate very much to what he is sharing. To be Mindful is simply to be Aware moment to moment - it requires no real effort - just 'being in the moment' with awareness. It was this that the Buddah was trying to get across to us I feel. It does not mean we have to sit for hours and hours to achieve this mind set - just to have a loving awarenwss. I like what I heard from this chap.

I have also found out for myself that maintaining a positive mind frame and not giving way to negative thoughts or anger is equally important. To recognise the true oneness of ourselves with ALL life forms, not just other humans, but with trees, birds, bears even the sky is to truly know love and compassion and to literally FEEL that unity and connectedness with those others - and they will feel it and respond as those ducks did out at that lake I go to in the bush. Remember? When I go down to the lake they come over and quake at me and I too them, not as a condescending person talking to a pet, but to other equal life forms who recognise each other in a loving way. Then we dance! :) At least I jump up and down on the shore and they flap their wings and quake as we get more and more excited as we feel that loving connection.

Thanks again, Mike.
M.B.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello M.B.:

I'm glad that you enjoyed this video and you are very welcome.

Kindest & warmest regards,
Mike