Music by The Refusers

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Allow Grace - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins



Be not deceived

Rather

Be relieved

Of the fog

That has covered your eyes

And

Dimmed your view

Of the world around you

See

With clear

Eyes

Of Light

Open yourself

And allow yourself

To be loved by others

Allow Grace

To clear a pathway

Into your heart

Seek not

The consul of others

Rather

Seek only that which

Is best within yourself

And

Share it with others

For

Your time has come

To forgive

And

To be forgiven

Now

You can be

And know

That today will begin

A new

Direction

A holy path

That will take you

Eventually

Full Circle

Back to your Self

And

Back to the

Divine

© 2013 M.N. Hopkins

Note:   This poem is dedicated to the S Man.  He will know who is is.

Tis poem was written on August 21, 2013 and first published on my blog today.  Self is my way of saying, Soul.  I see no divison at least for moments of inspiration when we fuse as one.



2 comments:

Magnus said...

I don't know what this was...! The only thing I know is that it stroke me... and it was like... even if I first thought what I needed to do when I wrote this... I finished reading this, and I started to cry, and it was something about the words... "allow grace, allow yourself to be loved by others, to forgive, and to be forgiven..." and it was like suddenly - I just knew: "I need to tell a special person what I feel... it might end up wrong, it doesn't matter, the only right thing is to tell what I feel..."

Even if at first glance - I felt afraid to do that... But just by taking the decision in my mind to do that - I was free... I don't know what, but I just know I feel so good!

Thank you for a wonderful poem

Prashant Sree said...

Nice one, Mike :) Beautifully rendered lines on allowing grace to manifest in one's life...

Prashant