Music by The Refusers

Monday, January 8, 2018

Our Future At Risk - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins


Many without skills

Much incompetence today

Our future at risk

© 2017 M.N. Hopkins

Note:   This came to mind while I thought of the sorry state of education and the lack of work ethic in the younger genrations along with increasing populations of people with low IQs and lack of work experience.  The ones with a sense of duty, work ethic and ability to sacrifice for the good of the community are becoming as an endangered species.


I wrote it in the haiku style of poetry which I believe allows the reader a great deal of freedom to form their own thought impressions and insights.   I published it for the first time on my blog today, the 8th of January 2018.

1 comment:

Magnus said...

Hello!
Yes, I agree. And I brlieve the pride and common sense of having competence and professional skills seems to vanish in todays society. I hope that the youngsters today one day grow up and get so sick and tired of their parents so obsessed with their phones so they find a new satisfaction in learning instead!

But yes, the "not my responsibility" mentality is fatal for a society when it gets so widespread as today!